Monday, April 6, 2015

We Made It ... Mostly

We are currently on the way! Do not worry about me writing this while we are driving.  I would never do something so unsafe.  Miss Holly is reaching over from the passenger seat holding the steering wheel until I finish.  KIDDING!

She is actually driving and I am seeing if I can write while in a moving vehicle. So far so good.  Sylvia (my wife) has stocked us with essential oils so I have a battery of defenses in case of queasiness.  

We left a little later than we thought because we encountered a bit of rain during the loading process.  As our projected departure time of 12:30 whizzed by and we stood stationary wondering how we would adjust the schedule for the rest of the trip.  We finished our group prayer and were rolling at 12:32. no word yet on how we are going to make up the lost time.

***Update***
Funny story.  I actually wrote that about the delay, tongue in cheek, while we were riding along completely unaware that we were going to be seriously delayed in our trip just a short while later.  While we were cruising along at freeway speed Holly joined an elite group.  She has now become an initiated member of the club whose only entrance requirement is to have a tire shred bits of black rubber all over the highway!  She handled it like a champ and we were in capable hands the whole time.  

After a few false starts and a debate about calling AAA we got the spare put on, limped along to a gas station with an air pump, and made it to our first destination.  We are at La Canada Presbyterian Church and spread out among the many offices and youth rooms in this very generous church.  i think we have all claimed a couch of some sort to spend the night.  Girls all together and boys almost all together.  For some reason they always seem to find a room for me to be in by myself.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I snore like a rusty chainsaw.  It must be because I am nearly twice as old as most of the group.  That whole respect your elders thing.

After getting to the church and eating dinner we are now settling in for the night.  The laughter and the talking has all but stopped and I am the only one still awake.  I am yawning.  I am thankful that we made it through some fairly substantial challenges.  I am exhausted.  I am not going to make it very long staying awake to give everyone else a head start falling asleep before the snoring serenade begins.


I will post these as I go and as I get to WiFi.
Good Night!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!


And then I remembered...I have a hot spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment